Wednesday, May 07, 2008

One Week Until V-Day!

It is 6pm on Wednesday, May 7th. At this time one week
from today I should be out of my viva (oral examination for
my PhD thesis). For some time now I've been committing
the viva and my two readers to the Lord Jesus. So whether
i t passes with distinction, or I'm assigned to do some more
work on it, or even if it should fail, I'll know it is of the Lord.
I am eager to discuss my research with two very able Chris-
tian theologians. I want their feedback and their critical
comments. I have put so much into this thesis, but my iden-
tity and self-worth are not wrapped up in my project. As I
recently have been reading through my thesis, I have grown
more confident in what I have written. I really look forward
to critical feedback on my work. I want to know whether I
am on track or whether I have gotten bogged down some-
place. During the next week I have planned to study my
thesis carefully so that I am prepared to defend it before
the panel of two scholars. I am really looking forward to it!
I ask for your prayers.

As for my transfer of ordination to the Church of Scotland,
things are moving faster than I had expected. A few days
ago I was informed that everything that I had submitted
to the Church of Scotland was in order. Yesterday I was
asked to appear before a subcommittee of the Ministry
Council on June 5th. That's really good.

As usual, I ask for your prayers.

God's blessings on you and yours,

No comments: