Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Time for Viva Time!

Well, in less than 24 hours I will have gone through my viva
and heard the outcome of the oral defense of my thesis. I am
experiencing a great sense of peace that will abide with me re-
gardless of the outcome of the defense. If there are things I
still need to work on, I want to hear it; if my thesis stands up
to the panel, I want to hear the affirmation. Regardless of what
happens, I believe I win both ways.

I have been learning a lot reading my thesis through several
times and I am making new connections as a result. I worked
hard on the thesis for four years and received the word from
my supervisor to submit it. I really enjoy reading my thesis
and I look forward to the viva tomorrow. I actually hope to
have some fun during it. I want to discuss my argument with
two scholars whom I respect. There are times when I feel
like my stomach is in my throat; but most of the time I am
eager to be in the viva discussing what has become very im-
portant to me.

So, Wednesday, the 14th of May, at 2:30, is a date and a
time I will long remember.

All the best to you and yours,

No comments: