Friday, October 10, 2008

St. Deiniol's Library and the Joy It Gives Me

I've been here at St. Deiniol's Library in northern Wales
for eleven days now. I am the volunteer chaplain for the
month of October. My duties include celebrating the eu-
charist two or three times a week and being present as a
staff person three or four evenings a week. I am provi-
ded with a spacious room and two home-cooked meals a
day in return for my service here. I have really enjoyed
being here. I have especially enjoyed meeting people com-
ing from all over Britain and North America to do research,
write, or relax. It is a wonderful place to be. It took me
over a week, but I now feel quite at home here in this
great residential library.

There are three things here that have given me a lot of
joy: serving communion in the mornings, doing some
needed writing in a beautiful library setting, and en-
gaging in long chats with interesting people over home-
cooked meals. I truly have been blessed.

Blessings to you and yours,

No comments: