Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Latest

Not only have I been hardpressed to get online, but it has
been especially difficult for me to do blogging. Only recent-
ly have I found some down time to to read recent emails
and to prepare a blog update.

I continue to be profoundly grateful to the Lord for sending
me here to The Open Gate and Holy Island/Lindisfarne. I
am often busy and wornout, but nothing that a good night's
sleep can't remedy. I continue to be amazed by the Lord's
provision for my needs, frequent divine appointments with
people, nourishing table fellowship with amazing people, the
beauty of God's creation all around me, and witnessing and
experiencing personally God working in the lives of God's
people. I'm glad that I'm able to continue to serve here un-
till the end of August. It has been a precious time for me.

Several weeks ago, the Church of Scotland (C of S) notified
me that I have been authorized to transfer my ordination
from the Presbyterian Church (USA) to the C of S. As I ex-
pected, I will be placed with an established minister for
twelve months in order to become more familiar with the
C of S. During that year I will attend seminars on working
with children and young people, study C of S law, do read-
ing on the history of Christianity in Scotland, and attend
four mini-retreats. I do not yet know where I will be placed
for my twelve month familiarization program. I will receive
a full stipend for the placement with a church.

Although I have not yet been able to do more writing on
my thesis, I have been able to think about a lot of things
while I make beds, wash dishes, and clean toilets. I am
really excited about what I want to write about, and I
am so grateful to the Lord for providing me with another
year to develop my thinking and writing in a greater way.
I am not tired of my thesis; I really desired more time. I
plan to start writing very soon.

All the best to you and yours,

No comments: