Sunday, June 22, 2008

Holy Island/Lindisfarne Update

It is hard to know where to begin sharing with you about
my time here at Holy Island/Lindisfarne. I've now been
on the island for just over two weeks. I am well versed in
the proper way things are done and I have been able to
shape my personal living space in the small trailer next to
the house. I have an increasing sense that God wanted me
here to serve and to be further prepared for what God has
in store for me. At times, especially at night, I feel worn out.
But good times of sleep always seem to restore me day by
day. Just today I have caught up journaling about my first
week here. There were so many people, conversations, and
observations to reflect on and write about. Now that I am
caught up with the journaling, I feel I can move on with my
life.

There are so many things that have touched me: the rous-
ing chorus of birds that awaken me every morning; the
bark of the seals when the sandbar is exposed at low tide;
days of glorious sun with just a touch of chill in the air; un-
expected conversations over a meal that turn out to be sa-
cred moments; being excited to learn that the Boston Cel-
tics won the NBA championship several days after the event;
seeing how quickly meal washing up and room cleaning take
with another pair of hands; the stillness of the air when the
tide changes and the tourists have left the island; and short
naps in the afternoon after all the room cleaning is done.

I'll try to keep you posted in the weeks ahead. But it is hard
for me to get access to a computer.

Blessings, and all the best to you and yours,

No comments: