Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Taking a Sip of Water from a High-Pressure Fire Hose

First things first: My right eye is doing well and so am I. The four weeks before I
went into the hospital were hectic. Despite serious concern about my eye and two
surgeries in seven days, I enjoyed a time of rest during my twelve days in the hos-
pital. But ever since I got out of the hospital just over three weeks ago, I again have
been busy preparing and carrying out various church services, a funeral, and a ma-
jor meeting of the Kirk Sessions of four churches to plan for the immediate future.

I expected that I would be especially busy during my first year or two at St Fergus
Parish Church. It was to be a time to make connections with people and do a wide
variety of things for the first time. But I did not expect that things would be this hec-
tic. I strive to plan things well and do things in an orderly way. That went out the
window the first week I was back in Scotland and in St Fergus. Even now things
have not gotten any easier for me. I feel like I am trying to take a sip of water from
a high-pressure fire hose. I am not able to do it at all.

As I survey July and August ahead, I can see some needed down time. Nothing
much is scheduled that is connected with the church. I feel like a fast-moving cur-
rent is carrying me to a nice little inlet where I can catch my breath for a spell. I
look forward to two weeks of vacation in the second half of August. I desire to do
more postings on the blog. Writing a post encourages me to reflect on what I have
been thinking or doing. Writing about these things  helps me to look at what is im-
portant to me in my life and ministry here in the North-East of Scotland. With so
much happening the past year that needed attention, posting to the blog took a low
place in my list of things to be done. I hope that can change that in the two months
 to come. As always, I covet your prayers.

Blessings to you and yours,





No comments: