Monday, April 18, 2011

Transitioning

Things are slowly starting to fall into place as I continue to scramble to remain in the
Longview/Kelso (Washington State) area until early next year. Although I was aware
that the British Home Office could refuse to issue me a visa, I hoped that I had pre-
sented sufficient documentation in support of my application. Therefore it was some-
what of a shock when I received the refusal letter. I have been numb for the past
several weeks as I have dealt with the visa refusal. I felt as if my world had been
turned upside down.

Two weeks ago I decided to take action and search for accommodation. I had a
long list of places to call about various sizes of apartments. I identified what I
thought were the three best places to try. The first place I tried seemed to be ex-
pecting my call and showed me a studio apartment. It was just what I was looking
for and the rent was well within my means. I will write more about that in future
postings. I am now looking for furniture (especially a single bed) and furnishings.
Two great friends have offered to buy me a quality used car that I can use to get
around. I have ordered a new MacBook and look forward to entering Mac World.
I have not been able to contact the Presbyterian Church office for this area. I expect
that I will be able to search for interim pastoral positions after the hectic Easter sea-
son is over. It is important that I keep making decisions and taking action. I do not
want to wither away into despondancy and despair.

In my Bible reading this morning I came across Proverbs 11:28 in The Message
Bible. It spoke powerfully to me as I hope it does for you: A life devoted to things
is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree. I strongly desire
that the Lord shape my life in a special way during the next ten months that I have
here in my hometown. I also pray that for you, dear reader, our Lord would shape
your lives so that you flourish in all you do.

Blessings to you and yours,

No comments: