Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Greetings!

I do not have any Christmas service responsibilities for Christmas, 2009;
nor do I have any friends from the recent years around any more. I do
not have family or close friends here in Scotland, so for me it has been a
calm week before Christmas. Everybody around me seems to be in a tiz-
zy. I have enjoyed restful times to reflect on Jesus as the reason for the
season. But I am already looking forward to celebrating Jesus next year
as minister of a church or churches someplace here in Scotland. I wonder
where the Lord will send me?

For nearly a week now there have been several inches of snow on the
ground all up and down Britain. I have seen snow here in the area be-
fore, but it has always melted within an hour or two of falling. This time,
however, it has not melted. Every day there seems to be just a little bit
more snow that has fallen. The snow has made this Christmas time spe-
cial.

There are special services in the five churches here in Cupar tonight,
Christmas Eve, and tomorrow, Christmas. A dear friend of mine, the
minister of the central Church of Scotland congregation in St. Andrews,
has invited me over for Christmas with him and his family. I look for-
ward to that. I spent last Christmas with them and had a delightful
time.

What is most important to me is Jesus, the reason for the season. I can
easily forget about him in my usual routines. But Advent, Christmas,
Epiphany, Lent, Holy Week, Good Friday, and Easter are very special
times for me. As the year runs its course I am refreshed by remember-
ing and reflecting on all that Jesus has done for us.

I have really been nourished by this Advent and Christmas season. May
you truly experience that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Christmas blessings to you and yours,

No comments: