Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Eye Update

My eyes just a couple of days ago.
A big difference from early this year.
Last Friday I was into the Eye Clinic at the Aberdeen 
Royal Infirmary for my latest checkup on my right eye. 
My doctor, Dr K, was quite pleased with the progress 
of my eye since the surgery I had in early June. The 
inflammation was greatly reduced and the pressure in 
the eye was up to where it was suppose to be. I went 
away quite pleased with the progress of my eye. I will 
be back for another checkup in four weeks. 

Last May, just before my surgery, I would never have expected such a positive report from Dr 
K. My right eye had been shrinking for several years. But late last year the eye became greatly 
inflamed and the pressure inside it dangerously low.  I was not in pain, but I could not keep my 
eye lid open. During the winter and spring of this year I was travelling down to the Eye Clinic 
every other week, sometimes once a week. At one point the eye was in such poor condition and 
deteriorating so rapidly that I was informed that the eye might be lost. I prepared for the worse.  

But that is when I experienced with my own eyes the power of prayer. Dear Christian brothers 
and sisters in my hometown were praying mightily for my eye. Here in NE Aberdeenshire I re-
ceived prayer from others in the Christian family. Word spread among believers throughout the 
area. I really felt supported by the prayer of Christian brothers and sisters both far and wide. 
People whom I had not known have stopped me on the street and elsewhere to ask me how my
eye was. They were happy to receive the report that I gave, that their prayers were answered in
such a positive way. I am firmly convinced that the power of prayer changed what had been a
very terrible situation for me into one of healing and life. 

My eye is doing so well that sometimes I forget what a traumatic situation I was in the first half
of this year. It seems so long ago and so far way. How easily I forgot how the Lord Jesus was 
there for me as my Good Shepherd. I am mindful of how fragile life is and how quickly situa-
tions can change. But whether I am in good times like now or in bad times, God is God, and I 
am not, and God is my Shepherd. I ask for your continued prayers on my behalf, for my life
and ministry as well as for my eye.  Be sure to see the photo just below. 

The Right Rev Dr trying to look silly. 
Blessings to you and yours, 



                                             































No comments: