Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Catching My Breath

I have been mindful of how I have been avoiding the blog. I don't like it when I do not post any-
thing, but I just ran out of steam after nearly two months of being on the go all the time. Since the middle of December through this last Sunday I was stretched by a challenging schedule. During
that time I prepared and delivered over two handfuls of sermons and messages, and conducted
three baptisms, two funerals, and four prayer meetings. Then there were a number of other meet-
ings, dinners, and a conference that I attended. Even though I enjoyed the activities, I got a bit
worn out and worn down.

Now I am actually taking some time off. Finally I have planned the first string of days off since I
came back to Scotland in early June of last year. Since that time I have spoken or preached near-
ly ninety times. The good part of those occasions took place between early October and this past Sunday. I put nearly eight hours of preparation time for each sermon I do.  It will be refreshing
not to do that for this Sunday. This week and early into the next I plan on sleeping in a bit, read-
ing for pleasure, watching history and travel programs on the BBC, taking long walks, and enjoy-
ing naps in the afternoon. I also plan to do more unpacking that I've avoided since I moved back
to Scotland. But at the top of my list is posting more on my blog. I covet your prayers: that I will
truly take time off and rest. I long for a concentrated time of refreshment and communion with
Jesus.

Blessings to you and yours,

No comments: