Monday, November 08, 2010

The Thesis Is In! Now Back to Blogging!

I resubmitted my thesis Wednesday afternoon, 3 November, the day
after the important midterm elections in the USA. The past three years
have been extremely challenging for me regarding the thesis, but it has
been a remarkable period of time for me. I'm grateful to the Lord for
being present with me during this time and providing for me in every
way. The thesis proved to be far more work than I had planned on, but
that was my decision. I was committed to completing what the Lord
had called me to do at the University of St. Andrews. I finished strong
and I finished well. Thank you so much for your prayers and encour-
agement.

Now I turn from the thesis to the search for a pastoral position. Again
I ask for you prayers and support. I put the church search on hold for
the past six months so that I could focus on the thesis. But now that
the thesis is resubmitted, I am focusing on church vacancies. I intend
to be as focused on finding a ministry position as I had been for the
thesis. I covet your prayers on my behalf. I am eager to get back into
fulltime pastoral ministry again! I have really missed it. I enjoyed my
twelve months at Cupar Old Parish Church as assistant minister, but
I desire to move on to the next stage in my ministry.

I was also very pleased with the results of the recent midterm elections
in the US. I was able to follow the run up to the elections and the results
of the elections online. It would have been extra special if strong incum-
bent Democrat US Senators in California, Nevada, and Washington had
been voted out of office. But it was not to be. California voters even with-
stood the Republican surge by voting in a Democrat for governor, thus
setting the stage for what many foresee will be a financial disaster. It is
hard to believe. But life goes on. Onward and upward.

Blessings to you and yours,

1 comment:

Stewart Goudie said...

Welcome back, Jeff. No doubt much of your search will be confidential, but I hope you can share some of it with us. May our Lord Jesus lead you and guide you.