Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gaining Momentum

Just recently my ministry colleague/supervisor at Cupar Old Parish
Church and I met with a representative from the Presbytery of St.
Andrews, and the same from the national office of the Church of Scot-
land. We met for the six-month evaluation of my one year placement
at Cupar Old Parish Church. I was quite pleased with the results of
the meeting and felt affirmed in my ministry.

My ministry colleague, Rev. Dr. Ken Jeffrey, asked about when I could
start looking for a permanent placement with a congregation. He expres-
sed his belief that I am ready to move on as soon after my end date of
October 31, as possible. The representative from the Church of Scotland
said that I could not accept a call to minister in a congregation until after
my final evaluation at the end of my probationary time. But he said he
would arrange to have mine early in September. That's the earliest time
he could convene an evaluation panel. Wow! I still can't believe I'm doing
this. This is exciting!

Ken will be away June and July for spiritual retreat and holiday. He
feels confident enough in me to put me in charge for that time. I hope it
will not be too busy. I will be doing a sermon series on the book of Ephe-
sians. I continue to carry on with my thesis. It is due by July 2, but I
may be submitting it by mid June. With so much to do over the past
six months I have certainly been developing my time management
skills. I am serious about the wise use of my time. It has been good for
me to develop in this area. Meanwhile there is no word on the process
of my visa from my immigration attorney. Anyway, I don't have any
time to seriously work on my visa until my thesis is submitted.

All the best to you and yours,

No comments: