Thursday, March 20, 2008

Viva the Viva! ('veeva' the 'viva')

Recently I was informed that my 'viva' will take place at
2:30, Wednesday, 14 May 2008. At that time I will meet
with an academic from St Mary's College, my school, and a
British academic who specializes in my field of research, the
theology of mission. They have agreed already to take part
in it. I will be examined orally by the two readers on my the-
sis for one to three hours. Based on my defense of the argu-
ment, they will determine whether my work is up to PhD
standards. My advisor, whom I have worked with for the
past four years, would not have allowed me to progress to
this stage unless he was confident that my thesis was ready.
I am confident as well, and am eager to receive feedback on
my work from two scholars I respect deeply. My only wish
is that it were taking place much earlier than 14 May.


In blog postings to come I will share more about my readers
and the viva process. I would appreciate you remembering
me in your prayers.


All the best to you and yours, Jeff T.

No comments: