Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sunday Afternoon Visit

Colleen was feeling a bit under the weather and didn't want to pass along any germs to our recovering friend, so I struck out on my own to find Kirkcaldy and to visit Jeff.

When I arrived, Jeff was up walking the halls. He's been doing some serious hall walking since being transferred out of HDU. Jeff and I sat in the hall and caught-up while he sorted through his belongings. (With typical NHS efficiency, his bags were sent directly back to St Andrews rather than being sent with him to Kirkcaldy.)

Jeff seemed very strong and said that he was feeling great physically. We broke for Jeff's dinner and I went down to the cafeteria for a coffee. I came back up to his Ward after the dinner hour and we sat and chatted about St Andrews, his recovery and the upcoming US mid-term elections.

It was a very nice visit and it's good to see the old Jeff. -Apart from the location and the pjs you'd never know that he had just been through such a challenging surgery.

No comments: