Monday, October 23, 2006

Out of ICU

On Sunday, Colleen and I and Kate and Ben went to visit Jeff. When we arrived, we were informed that they were just moving him from ICU (Intensive Care Unit) to the HDU (High Dependency Unit). [a good thing]

In the HDU patients are only allowed two visitors at a time. Kate and Ben went in first and spent 15 minutes with Jeff. They had a good conversation and Jeff said that he was very happy to receive company and said that he was looking forward to having more visitors.

Colleen and I went next and spent about 10 minutes visiting, as Jeff tired quite quickly. He was in good spirits and very lucid. He said that he was feeling much better on Sunday than he had on Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, Jeff was having difficulty with his breathing after surgery (hence the extra days in the ICU). The initial recovery appears quite draining.

I passed along all the good wishes and prayers that friends had forwarded and Jeff was very touched.

I expect that we will visit again later this week and I know that some of Jeff's friends from Divinity will be visiting him on Tuesday and friends from St Andrews church will see him on Friday.

I'll be sure to update soon.

No comments: