Monday, February 04, 2008

Yes, I Know, the Pats Lost the Super Bowl

I was cheering for my favorite American football team, the
New England Patriots, to win the Super Bowl, be only the
second team in National Football League history to com-
plete an entire season undefeated, and be crowned as per-
haps the greatest football team in NFL history. But as I
was slowly waking up early this morning I was informed by
a distinctly British accented BBC news presenter that, in-
deed, the New York Giants had beaten the previously unde-
feated New England Patriots, 17-14. I spent the rest of the
morning moaning and groaning.

The latest Super Bowl pitted the overwhelmingly favored
New England team, MY team, against the feisty, spunky,
and upstart New York Giants. No one even considered that
the Pats could be beaten, especially in their fourth Super
Bowl in seven years. But it was a setup for an upset, and the
Giants pulled off a giant victory for the ages. It wasn't ex-
actly the news I had wanted to hear. But hey, life goes on.
I have a lot of things I need to do.

All the best.

No comments: